2.8.10

New Music

First post of the month! Woo.

And… Since I've been on vacation for a month, and before that I had to supply 5+ hours of music for the college roadtrips [with no swears], I've run out of music.
When I say this, I don't mean it literally. But I like to add to my ever-growing CD collection every time I hit a slow music spot. So, I'm searching.
And searching. I don't want any mainstream anymore. Just something I can listen to and love and have friends to recommend to. How is 3OH!3 still in the alternative in iTunes?! They're not even close to that genre now. I don't really think they ever were.
My First Kiss, pshh!! Get off the #1 spot already!!

Anyway, I found some on Myspace, which is a lot easier to say than do, realized I'd found some already on iTunes. So now, my pal Grooveshark is letting me listen to the whole albums of all and help me decide which lyrics I want to learn and have forever.

Andddd I'm blogging on my stomach, which is uncomfortable, so I don't have strength to link anything. It's not like it's hard to find Grooveshark or Myspace or 3OH!3.

But I WILL link these albums I'm considering.

I found these on iTunes, which means I liked the looks of the album covers:

Deas Vail's Birds & Cages.
Mae's Singularity.
Lights's Acoustic [EP].

I found these on Myspace, which means they were on the top 50 "alternative charts":

The Audition's Self-Titled Album. [I thought it was clever]
Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.
Portfolio Days.

Finally, thanks to Andrew for bringing me to this: This Will Destroy You.
This is, from what I could listen to so far, an entirely instrumental band. And I like that. So, this is up there on my list. The EP they did called "Field Studies" cost $13, but there's only 5 songs. So… thanks Best Buy for ripping me off. Probably cheaper on the website.

Oh jeez, no pictures today! Just words!

No comments:

Post a Comment