8.8.10

We've still got time!

Oh wow, delay. It helps to have internet, though. Right now, this was typed while I was still wireless-less. Frustrating. Anyway, in my extreme boredom, I was left with what I had that didn't need internet. And so, iTunes, Photobooth and iMovie became my best friends.

I was listening to the Once soundtrack after it came up on shuffle. How thick am I? Look at that. Do you see that? I always thought it was tracks or a trolley rail. Nope. They're walking down a guitar. I didn't even notice. I don't even know what made me notice. I don't know why I didn't notice. I have the physical CD. How could I not see that?! Anyway, I just thought that was interesting. I get it… but then I don't. Is it supposed to be about their bonding over his street-singing? She can't play the guitar.

Oh, if you haven't seen the movie Once… go see it. It's amazing. Then you'd understand why I don't give names. Throughout the entire movie, you don't catch their names. At least, I don't think you do. In the credits, both Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova are listed only as "Boy" "Girl". Interesting take. I really liked the indie feel of this movie. It felt real, as if one of the boy's friends was just taping him because he had a camera. And that's the best kind. That's what drew me to the Office. Which, I've noticed, is so unrealistic now. It's trapped itself in realism with the mockumentary. What camera crew follows a woman into the hospital after she's just had her child. Or follows a couple back to their new house… or to their wedding… or any wedding? Yes, I know I'd love to see the JAM story unfold, but I highly doubt the people making the documentary would, too.

Okay, enough about the Office. But basically, that's my little rants. Phew, I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment