8.6.10

HAVE I LOST YOU? AMERICAN MOUTH? **

I see people in their cars. Don't they enjoy what they listen to? It doesn't look like it. I feel like most of the time, I'm the only one singing along to whatever I have when I go places. Why not enjoy yourself? I know that I'm going to be ninety and still singing out loud to the music. That's what music is, really. It's a elongation of what you're thinking.


One song that gives me goosebumps only when I listen to it, and not sing it, is "Such Great Heights" sung by Iron & Wine. Heard of them? I hope that when you think of this band you don't think of one of the worst interpretations of a book series, a.k.a. Twilight movie saga. I hate everything in that stupid movie. Though the soundtrack is pretty okay with me, since New Moon uses Ok Go, I'm pretty sure.
Still don't get it? "Flightless Bird, American Mouth". I liked the song and was extremely surprised when I heard "Such Great Heights" and found out why the band Iron & Wine sounded so familiar.
This song is just so precious. I love the singer, he's got such a... voice that draws you in, I guess you could say.

Even though this is Postal Service's original song, I love Iron & Wine's version.

Oh wow, I'm so absent-minded. I'm not 16 anymore, I've been 17 for over a month! I guess time just flies by.

A friend of mine brought his iPod with him and showed me his newest songs.
All Katy Perry. All live.

And I gotta say... She's good. I don't like her too much because she's constantly being compared to Zooey Deschanel and I like Zooey wayyyy better. In music, looks... everything.



And She & Him are coming to Columbus in July I think. GLEE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment